Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the departments that started at the time of inception of CVR College of Engineering in 2001 with an intake of 60 B.Tech. students. Expanding its horizons over the years, the department presently offers the B.Tech. program with an intake of 240 and 3 M.Tech. programs with specializations in VLSI (intake 36), Embedded Systems (intake 18) and Wireless & Mobile Communication (intake 18). The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
The department has well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories for Electronic Devices & Circuits, Pulse & Digital Circuits, IC&ECAD, Basic Simulation, Analog & Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Microwave & Optical Communications, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers. Advanced research laboratories include VLSI Center of Excellence, Embedded Systems and Advanced Wireless and Communication laboratories. Software available includes latest versions of MATLAB with several tool boxes, CADENCE complete suit, Xilinx and Co-design tools to name a few. The combined commercial value of all this software exceeds a million dollars.
The strengths of the department are the specialized laboratoreis, senior professors, dynamic & young associate and assistant professors, industrious academic assistants, staff and meritorious students.
Some of the achievements of our students include securing University ranks, admissions to IITs and reputed foreign universities for higher studies and placements in reputed companies (including Infosys, TCS, CTS, Mahindra Satyam).
The department has MoUs with Wayne State University, IUCEE, Xilinx, Cypress, Intel Corporation, EMC Academy, CERTIPORT, Inc. and IIIT-H.
The Professors of the department include:
1. Dr. K. Lal Kishore - Professor & Dean Research, former Vice-Chancellor, JNTU Anantapur. Eminent Electronics and Communications Engineer Award from Institution of Engineers (IEI) India, Nov’2012. CCI Technology Education Excellence Award 2014 to JNTUA, Mumbai. He guided 21 Ph.D scholars who completed their Ph.D successfully.
2. Dr. K. S. Nayanathara - Professor & Principal, Member, IETE Governing Council.
3. Prof. C. Venkat Rao - Emeritus Professor, former Scientist from DLRL
4. Dr. P. Subrahmanyam - Emeritus Professor, former Professor from Osmania University
5. Prof. S. Sengupta - Professor & Dean Projects, former Executive Director of IT & Telecommunication, ECIL., National Design Award 2002.
6. Prof. P. Viswanath - Professor, former Executive Director, ECIL.
7. Dr. Rajarshi Mahapatra - Professor, Ph. D. (IIT, Kharagpur), Post Doc (CEA – LETI, Grenable, France)
8. Dr. T. Esther Rani - Professor, Ph. D., (JNTUH), UGC Research Award 2015-17.
9. Dr. Humaira Nishat - Professor, Ph. D., (JNTUH)
10. Dr. K. Lalithendra - Professor, Ph. D., ( IIT, Delhi)