Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the departments that started at the time of inception of CVR College of Engineering in 2001 with an intake of 60 B.Tech. students. Expanding its horizons over the years, the department presently offers the B.Tech. program with an intake of 240 and 3 M.Tech. programs with specializations in VLSI (intake 36), Embedded Systems (intake 18) and Wireless & Mobile Communication (intake 18). The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
The department has well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories for Electronic Devices & Circuits, Pulse & Digital Circuits, IC&ECAD, Basic Simulation, Analog & Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Microwave & Optical Communications, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers. Advanced research laboratories include VLSI Center of Excellence, Embedded Systems and Advanced Wireless and Communication laboratories. Software available includes latest versions of MATLAB with several tool boxes, CADENCE complete suit, Xilinx and Co-design tools to name a few. The combined commercial value of all this software exceeds a million dollars.
The strengths of the department are the specialized laboratoreis, senior professors, dynamic & young associate and assistant professors, industrious academic assistants, staff and meritorious students.
Some of the achievements of our students include securing University ranks, admissions to IITs and reputed foreign universities for higher studies and placements in reputed companies (including Infosys, TCS, CTS, Mahindra Satyam).
The department has MoUs with Wayne State University, IUCEE, Xilinx, Cypress, Intel Corporation, EMC Academy, CERTIPORT, Inc, IIIT-H, NRSC and Comsat Systems.
The Professors of the department include:
1. Dr. K. S. Nayanathara - Principal, CVR college of Engineering, An Executive member, of IETE, Ph.D. from NIT Warangal and an expert in Electromagnetics, Microwave Devices and Antennas.
2. Dr. K. Lal Kishore - Ph.D from IISC Bengaluru. He recently retired from the post of Vice-Chancellor, JNTU Anantapur.He served JNTUH, Hyderabad in various positions as Director, Princiapal, Rector & Registrar for 12 years. He is an expert in Electronic Devices and Circuits, VLSI System Design.
3. Dr. Rameshwara Rao - Ph.D from IIT, Bombay, 1990. He Served various academic positions in Osmania University and as a Vice Chancellor JNTUH, Hyderabad. He is expert in VLSI, Embedded Systems, Communications and Signal Processing. He has 14 years R& D, 26 years teaching experience and guided 11 Ph.D's and 4 are in progress.
4. Prof. P. Viswanath - Former Executive Director of ECIL. He has 36 years of industrial experience in the field of Instrumentation & Control, Specialized in Nuclear Power Plants.
5. Prof. CHVRS Gopal Krishna - Former Executive Director of ECIL. He has 36 years of industrial experience in the field of Microwave and Antennas.
6. Dr. T. Esther Rani - She completed her Ph.D from JNTUH University, Hyderabad. She has been selected for Research Award for three consecutive years, 2015-2017 by University Grants Commission, India and received a total grant of Rs. 46.7 Lakhs.Her areas of interest include LOW Power VLSI Design, Mixed Signal Design, Embedded System Design, Image Processing and Computer Vision.
7. Dr. Humaira Nishat - Ph.D from JNTUH and her research interests are Wireless Communication and Networks, Heterogeneous Networks & Device to Device Communication(5G).
8. Dr. K. Lalithendra - Ph.D from IIT Delhi in Microwave Engineering. His research interests are Electromagnetic Bandgap Structures, Metamaterial, Frequency Selective Surfaces, Planar Antennas, RF Energy Harvesting.
9. Dr. K. Yedukondalu - Ph.D from Osmania University and expert in Wireless Communications, Biomedical & Adaptive Signal Processing, Global Navigation, Satellite systems