Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Computer Science and Engineering department was started in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 B.Tech. students. The current B.Tech. intake is 300. The department also offers M.Tech. in CSE (with an intake of 36). The department was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in the year 2007.
The faculty in the department consists of seven Professors, ten Associate Professors, out of which nine are pursuing Ph.D. in their respective areas from JNTU, OU and UoH, and twenty six Assistant Professors, out of which one is pursuing Ph.D. The department has expertise in the areas of Cloud Computing, Secure Computing, Software Engineering, Image Processing, Data Mining, Mobile Computing, and Parallel Programming.
Professor K.V. Chalapathi Rao has guided 8 Ph.Ds and is currently supervising 6 more.
Major achievements by students of this department include the award of 3 Gold Medals by JNTU(H) to Mr. Harsh H. Shah, during 2008-09 (for outstanding academic performance among all affiliated colleges).
The department has set up 2 research labs for encouraging research activity. The department is equipped with licensed software like Rational Rose, the latest Microsoft software through an Microsoft Imagine subscription, as well as a Digital Library. Along with Windows and Linux, various advanced operating systems (Windows Server, MacOS, VMWare) are available in the labs. Labs are also equipped with the latest IBM/HP/Apple servers. There is a separate Apple Lab with iMac and Mac Mini systems. Students also have access to devices like tablets (iOS, Android) for doing projects. Certification oriented programs are conducted regularly to better prepare students for industry (e.g., Adobe Flex, IBM DB2, EMC SAN, Infosys Campus Connect).
The Professors of the department are:
1. Dr. K.V. Chalapati Rao - Completed Ph.D. from Calculatta University. He served as Professor and Dean CSE at Osmania University till 2005. He has 30+ publications to his credit in national and international journals. 7 students obtained their Ph.D. under his supervision and 3 more are currently pursuing and are about to submit the thesis. His areas of interests include Software Engineering, Design Patterns. He acted as consultant for AP Police on their eCOP Project, which got national award. He was an expert member for NRSA, ADRIN, etc.
2. Prof. L.C. Siva Reddy - Completed his M.Sc. in Physics, M.Phil. in Computational Techniques from University of Hyderabad. Earlier he was HOD of Department of CSE at Osmania University, Hyderabad. He was responsible for developing software for entrance tests, result processing of LAWCET, MBACET, MCACET, EAMCET - 85 and 89. Served as Chairman, Board of Studies, Osmania University, Hyderabad. He joined CVRCE during 2001 and has been serving as HOD, CSE Department and Vice Principal of the College.
3. Dr. N.V. Rao - Completed M.Tech from Osmania University and Obtained Ph.D. from JNTU Hyderabad. He served as Scientist G at DRDO. He is a life senior member of IEEE, past Chairman for IEEE Hyderabad section. He has more than 30 publications and technical papers in his credit. His areas of interest are Image Processing, Data Mining. Computer Networks. Presently serving as Dean, Academics at CVR.
4. Dr. Raghava V. Cherabuddi - formerly with Intel and Microsoft
5. Prof. M. Badrinarayana - He is an M.Sc.(Physics) with Electronics Specialization from S.V. University subsequently he did his M.Phil (Computer Methods) from University of Hyderabad and M.Tech (CS) from Osmania University. He has more than 35 years of experience in IT field and is a guest faculty to many universities and engineering colleges as well as guiding many UG / PG Projects. His areas of interests include Information Security, Operating Systems, Embedded Systems, etc.
6. Dr. K. Narender Reddy - Completed Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering from JNTUA, Anantapur. Published 14 papers in international journals and conferences. One of the Ph.D. related published papers in 2008 has 31 citations in latest international journals and conference papers.Having teaching experience of 15 years in addition to 10 years of research experience. The areas of research interest are: Software design, testing, and computational intelligence in software engineering.
7. Dr. K. Venkateshwar Rao - Completed Ph.D (CSE) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in 2015. At ISRO, he made a significant contribution to the Development and Operationalization of Spacecraft Health Monitoring, Analysis and Control Software (SCHEMACS) for IRS-1D and IRS-P4 Missions. At Wipro, he was involved in porting of NCR Teradata DBS onto 64-bit Sun Sparc System and went twice to Sweden for six months to outsource some of the Software Engineering Tools of Ericssion to Wipro Technologies. His areas of interest include Distributed Real-time Systems, Big Data Mining and Analytics, Cloud Computing and Software Architectures.