Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Entrepreneurship Development Cell was established in the college with the vision “Turn around the “Job seekers” into “Job Creators” in the year 2011. Currently the AICTE Sponsored IIPC and ED Cells are working. EDC has 1450 Sft space and its own audio-visual equipment. It has a library with 300 printed titles and 400 volumes and also has repository of digital content of successful Entrepreneurial stories. Entrepreneurship Lab in the college is supplementing the existing UG Courses namely ‘Entrepreneurship’ and ‘Intellectual Property Rights’.
Vision: Turn around the “Job seekers” into “Job Creators”.
- Create conducive atmosphere to motivate young students towards Entrepreneurship.
- Develop necessary infrastructure and facilities to initiate venture start-ups
- Integrate entrepreneurial resources like financial, infrastructural and government policy matters.
- Creation of first generation entrepreneurs in a conducive environment where budding entrepreneurs can venture into start-ups and realize the path for a successful Entrepreneurship through the resources of EDC Cell.
Objectives of EDC
Entrepreneurship is a mindset that can be developed by any student who aspires to become an employer. The increasing demand and recognition for Innovation and Entrepreneurship for ensuring the welfare of the society and economic growth of an individual have motivated this great leap forward to promote the Entrepreneurship Development Cell. With proper motivation, Entrepreneurship can be inculcated into the minds of young professionals. Thus this Cell aims to foster Techno-entrepreneurship more systematically and comprehensively with a focus on incubating all feasible ventures through technology intervention.
The following are the major objectives,
- Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Incubation of technical projects/start-ups.
- Creating awareness about Transfer of Technology.
- Encouraging entrepreneurs to promote Small & Medium Enterprises.
- Commercialization of R&D products and processes.
- Helping towards marketing of Products & Processes.
Coordinator of EDC
Dr. T.A. Janardhan Reddy is the founder Professor of EDC at CVRCE. He was formerly Professor & Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University and currently senior Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department, CVRCE. He had been a successful Entrepreneur for 3 years and is also a social worker. He established Mechanical Engineering Department, its laboratories and positioned teaching and non-teaching staff. He is an alumnus of Osmania University Hyderabad, NIT Warangal and IIT Madras. He conducted several entrepreneurship programs like SIMAP’s-(11) (14 weeks duration each), STUP (1), ED workshops (6), EAC’s (32) FDP-(2) and TEDP (1)
Activities of EDC
The EDC has been conducting EAC’s and guest lectures on Entrepreneurship related subjects for the past 6 years. Several Workshops were conducted on themes like ‘Venture Start-Ups’, ‘Life Science businesses’, Launching of Technology Ventures’ and ‘Venture capital funding’, with the collaboration of Institutions like SIDBI, NABARD, MSME, SME Bank Lead Managers, IKP Knowledge Park.
In order to create Entrepreneurial ambience in the college premises, a constant and continuous perseverance is required. Formation of a Club with student and Staff members is under process. Sharing ideas, helping each other to make prototypes, collecting information jointly, conducting camps and help in promoting enterprises will be the major activities of the club.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell,
Room Number: 302, PG Building,
CVR College of Engineering,
Vastunagar, Mangalpalli (V), Ibrahimpatnam (M),
Rangareddy (D), Telangana 501 510