Prof. K.Lal Kishore, Ph.D, SMIEEE, FIETE, FIE, LMISTE, LMISHM
Prof. Kondepudi Lal Kishore former Vice-Chancellor of JNTUA,Ananthapur during 2012-15, is a distinguished academician and administrator with over 34 years of Teaching experience. A post graduate and Ph.D degree holder from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Professor Kishore began his Career in teaching at Jawaharlal Nehru technological University (JNTUH) Hyderabad in 1977. He is elevated as professor in 1990 in the same University and subsequently held many academic and administrative positions in the University. He has over 195 research publications to his credit till now. So far 23 research scholars obtained Ph.D under his guidance and some more are doing research under him. He wrote Six Text Books in the areas of Electronic Devices, Electronic Circuit Analysis Linear I.C. Applications, Electronic Measurements and VLSI, which are popular and widely used by engineering students.
He has received many Awards at National and International level. Some of them are.
- BEST TEACHER AWARD FOR THE YEAR 2004 – AWARDED BY GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH TO THE UNIVERSITY TEACHERS.
- SIR MOKSHAGUNDAM VISWESWARAYA AWARD from Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and Institution of Engineers, Hyderabad chapter, in SEPTEMBER 2010
- Received 11th IETE – Prof. SVC AIYA MEMORIAL AWARD in 2007 for recognition of Exemplary contribution in guiding students, researchers and teachers for research work in the field of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering during the last five years
- Presented with DISTINGUISHED INDIAN AWARD for achievements in Academic, Research and Development at the International Conference ICSCI 2007, on January 03 – 07, 2007.
- Won FIRST BAPU SEETHARAM MEMORIAL AWARD for Outstanding Contribution in the field of Electronic Components in 1986.
- EMINENT ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER AWARD from Institution of Engineers (IEI) India, Nov’2012.
- CITATION AND AWARD from Andhra University and IEI, Visakhapatnam, Nov’2012.
- U.P. GOVERNMENT NATIONAL Award for outstanding work done in specified areas of engineering and Technology 2012.
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to World, given by WORLD CHANCELLORS & VICE CHANCELLORS Education Congress, 30th June’ 2014.
- CCI TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION EXCELLENCE Award 2014 to JNTUA, Mumbai.
- Edu CLUSION AWARD at RE-ENGINEERING INDIA AWARD2014, SEPT’2014, Singapore.
- Elected Fellow of A.P. Akademi of sciences in recognition of contributions to Science and Technology.
He has many more distinctions to his credit from National and International organizations. He Worked as Visiting Professor at Asian Institute of Technology AIT Bangkok and Defence engineering College (DEC) Debrezeit.
A dedicated researcher in the field of electronics, Professor Kishore is a
- Fellow of Institute of Engineers (FIE)
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, (SMIEEE)
- Fellow of Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, INDIA (FIETE)
- Member of India Society for Technical Education, New Delhi (MISTE)
- Member of International Society of Hybrid Micro Electronics (MISHM)
He is associated with IETE and IEI Hyderabad Sections for many years. He was Chairman of IETE Hyderabad Section during 2011-12.
He worked as Rector of JNTUH, Hyderabad during 2008-10, as Registrar during 2005-08 and also during 2011-12. He has held many other administrative positions in JNTU Hyderabad, as Chairman BOS, Head of the Department, Principal of Engineering College, Director SCDE, Director UGC Academic Staff College, Director Academic and Planning etc. He was Convener of State level Competitive entrance examination ECET, (FDH), thrice, during 2000, 2001 and 2005.
He delivered many invited lectures and chaired Technical sessions. He is presently Chairman for ISTE AP Section.